Monday, January 10, 2011

     I had the privelige of training at the historic Honbu dojo in Covington Ky of the USA Chitokai Karate-do run by  William Dometrich Hanshi.  The occassion was the Kagami Biraki held in conjunction with the Dai Nippon Butokukai of which I am a member.  The training was definitely great as we shared several techniques of Shotokan, Chito ryu and Okinawan Ti which was shared by Devorah Yoshiko who holds 8th Dan in Ryukyu Kobudo and a student of Onaga Sensei from Okinawa.  She shared the technique of Koshi and makiwara practice as done in Okinawa by Onaga Sensei.  It was very enlightening.

       Sonny Kim,6th Dan Shotokan shared his concepts on Mae Geri and Melvin Lewis,6th Dan Shotokan shared a kumite technique of kizami zuki and uraken uchi.  All in all it was simply a good time to simply practice our karate-do amongst friends.  For me it was a little difficult as I have agitated my right shoulder and apparently the rotator cup which is very painful currently.  I will have to go back into rehab mode again to hopefully bring it back to more strenght. 

      I am looking forward to learning to use this medium better and become more frequent in it's use.  I am hopeful that everyone's year is off to a great start and training has become more intensified.  I promised to become more active here and sharing some ideas regarding training and maybe some excerpts from my upcoming second book, "The Blueprint of Karate-do".  I will write more soon.  Ganbatte!

No comments:

Post a Comment